Social Media Management
Digital Marketing,  Digital Services,  Social Media

Social Media Tips and Tricks

The world of social media is forever changing; therefore it is always a good idea to make sure you are up to date with the latest and most updated trends. It is also a good idea to know all the correct tips and tricks to get you ahead of your competitors.

Begin With a Plan

Although it may be tempting to dive straight in and post an array of content left, right and centre, as in every good business strategy, using social media for small and large business success needs to start with a good strategic plan.

Without a plan you will have no clear goal of what you are trying to achieve and therefore no way of measuring the results from the content you post. A good place to start is to ensure that all your social media posts and photos support specific business goals.

Tips to begin a social media marketing plan

  • Research the competition– How are your competitors using social media? You don’t want to copy them, however you can learn from them and what others do or have done. This can help show you what’s working and what’s not for other businesses like yours.
  • Find inspiration– Once you have looked at what your competitors are doing online, don’t forget to take a look at other businesses. Take inspiration from the success of businesses in all industries, as what they post or do could be adapted in some way to suit your business’s social media. What type of posts or content are getting the most success?

It is also a great idea to ask your existing followers what they want to see more of, what they prefer and what they find most helpful.

  • Create a social media calendar– A social media calendar or purely just a plan of scheduled posts helps you post the right content to the right social channels at the right times on relevant dates or days. It should also include a plan for your content mix.

If it is relevant, try the 80-20 rule. Use 80% of your content to inform, educate, or entertain your audience and then use the other 20% to promote your brand or sell your products.

Decide which platforms are right for you and your business

Not all businesses suit every single social media platform; picking the correct, relevant, and most effective ones for your business is important.

Look into the demographics of your audience/customers for all of the major social networks. Use it to help gauge where your audience spends their time online. However, do remember that these demographics are just an overview; they should not be the only decider of what social media platforms you use.

On top of demographics, to make sure you’re using social media for business effectively, you’ll need to conduct some research of your own. This will help you to understand how your specific audience spends their time online.

Always remember and keep in mind that social media doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing approach. You can use different social channels to promote to and reach different audiences, or to meet your different business goals.

If you would like guidance with your Social Media, increase your online presence, or your Social Media platforms managed, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Email: info@digitalservices.org.uk or alternatively you can telephone Caroline Tutton-Wood on: 01386 247 732. For more information please get in touch via our website https://digital1985.wpengine.com/get-in-touch/